All of the information you need to visit for an in-person reading, or to experience the total immerssion program.
If you lodge in the Ashram,
- Then breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served.
- You may share a bathroom with another person.
- Bedding, towels, washcloths and basic toiletries will be provided.
- You will have closet and drawer space.
What to bring if you are staying at the Ashram for the immersion program:
If you are coming for the immersion course and staying at the Ashram, then most of your time will be spent in meditation, prayer and study, so we suggest that you bring comfortable casual clothing (sweats or meditation robes) and slippers to wear inside. Bring one set of extra outdoor clothing appropriate for the climate at the time of year you visit. Make sure that you bring any necessary medications. There is a pharmacy nearby should you need to refill or fill a prescription.
If you are just visitng for a reading or for other reasons and lodging locally, you should check the weather and pack accordingly. The historical sites; Monticello, Ash Lawn-Highland, Montpelier, and various local vineyards, winaries and breweries make wonderful side trips for visiting while you are in the area.
We are located in the greater Charlottesville, VA area.
You may come by car, train or plane.
If you are traveling by train or plane, and inform us in advance, and arrangements will be made to transport you upon arrival from the train station or airport to Daniel Clay’s ashram.
If you plan to travel by car please give us your proposed route of travel, so we may suggest the best local directions for driving.
We will give you driving instructions, as needed. However, for general information,
Charlottesville, VA is an approximate 2-hour drive from Washington, DC. From the Center of Charlottesville, it is an additional 20-30 minutes to the home.
If coming from one of the Southern States, driving instructions would be given via I-95 Richmond, and from any of the West- or Mid-Western States, from I-81.
Trains from all parts of the United States will connect to train routes on the line to Charlottesville.
Charlottesville has its own airport, CHO, and flights come in and out from most major national airports. International flights must arrive at one of the international airports for customs clearance and a connecting flight to CHO can then be taken.
Please let us know from where you plan to travel, and how you plan to travel. We will send you whatever direction or suggestion you need. If you do not plan to travel by car, transportation from the train station or airport will be arranged
Local Area Hotels:
Downtown Area – walking distance or short cab ride from Charlottesville bus station and Charlottesville train station
- Courtyard by Marriott on West Main – (434) 977-1700
- Hampton Inn & Suites on West Main – (434) 923-8600
- Omni – (434) 971-5500
- Red Roof Inn – (434) 295-4333
Airport Area – within 15 miles
- Best Western Cavalier Inn – (434) 296-8111
- Courtyard Marriott 29 North – (434) 973- 7100
- Days Inn – (434) 293-9111
- Doubletree Inn – (434) 973-2121
- English Inn – (434) 971-9900
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott – (434) 964-9411
- Hampton Inn – (434) 978-7888
- Holiday Inn Express – (434) 985-1855
- Holiday Inn North – (434) 977-7700
Better Local Accommodations:
- Keswick Hall – (434) 979-3440
- Clifton Inn – (434) 971-1800